What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a natural method of health care that focuses on correcting the causes of a multitude of health problems rather than just treating the symptoms.
Your spine is the lifeline of your nervous system. It controls all the feeling, movement and functions of your body. Your spine is composed of 24 vertebrae that protect your nervous system. If any of these vertebrae become “misaligned” then the messages that travel from your brain through your nervous system can become disrupted.
Accidents, falls, uneven stress, tension, over-exertion, or other factors can cause “misalignment” of the vertebrae.
What Do Chiropractors Do?
Chiropractors specialize in assessing skeletal and neuo-muscular irregularies and reducing their impact to the nervous system. This is achieved through the chiropractic adjustment.
What Is A Chiropractic Adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is the art of using a specific force in a precise direction, applied to a joint that is fixated or not moving properly. This adds motion to the joint, helping the bones gradually return to a more normal position and motion.The result is improved spinal function, improved nervous system function, and improved health.
Dr. Bradshaw uses a variety of chiropractic techniques to achieve the chiropractic adjustment, such as Diversified, Thompson Drop, Sacro-occipital, Activator, Flexion/distraction, and Webster Prenatal Technique.
What is medical necessity and how will it affect my care?
Every services provided must be consistent with the payor policies of the specific insurance carrier, the practice guidelines of the NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners and the documented chief complaint, clinical findings, diagnosis and treatment plan. Clinical examination findings must objectively substantiate the medical necessity of the services provided and billed to any insurance carrier.
Clinically appropriate care does not always meet the definition of medically necessary care as defined by the payor’s (insurance company) corporate medical policy. Clinically appropriate care is not always covered under a patient’s healthcare plan and therefore can not be billed to the insurance company.
What is Reiki?
Reiki translates from Japanese to mean “univeral life energy”. Reiki is a simple, hands-on method of healing the body, mind and spirit. Reiki is the art and science of activating and applying natural, universal life energy to promote wholeness and healing. Reiki heals on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. It affects causes, not symptoms and works under any circumstance as long as the person receiving Reiki is a willing participant.
What is KinesioTaping?
Cornerstones of the Kinesio® Taping Method:
- Taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction.
- Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature.
- Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle.
- Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
- Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain
- Utilizing single “I” strips or modifications in the shape of an “X,” “Y” or other specialized shapes
- Applying base of tape with no tension to create pull towards the base
|Apply tape from the end of the muscle to the beginning (Insertion to Origin)
||Apply tape from the beginning of the muscle to the end (Origin to Insertion)
|Used to relax tired or overused muscles (therapy)
||Used to stimulate weak or underused muscles (rehabilitation)
What insurances do you accept?
Our office accepts most insurance plans, below you find a complete listing. If you do not see your plan listed below, please call our office. Many smaller insurance plans are administered by larger insurance companies and we may be a preferred provider for the larger company.
- Alliant Health Plans
- American PPO
- Atlantic Integrated Health, Inc
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Chiropractic Plans of America
- CorVel Corporation
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- First Health Network
- First Care of the Carolinas
- Fortified Provider Networks
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Care Savings
- Health One Alliance, LLC
- Inclusive Health/NC Health Insurance Risk Pool
- Integrated Health Plans, Inc.
- Kanawha Health Care Solutions
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (South Carolina only)
- MedAvant Health
- Medicare (Medicare covers the chiropractic manipulation only, patient is responsible for examination fee)
- Memorial Health Partners
- National Choice Care (NCC)
- North Carolina State Health Plan
- NPPN-National Preferred Providers Network
- PPO Next
- Procura Management (aka QRS)
- Pyramid Life
- QRS Managed Care
- The Covenant Companies
- The Initial Group
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- TLC Advantage
- United Health Care (Dr. McCauley only)
- University Health Link
- USA Managed Care
For Further Information Visit